GA Society

 

About Us

The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the State of Georgia was formed in 1893 as the twelfth corporate society to become a member of the NSCDA, an organization devoted to furthering an appreciation of our national heritage through historic preservation, patriotic service, and educational projects.

Membership in the organization is by sponsorship only.  Members must be lineal descendants of an ancestor who rendered significant service to his country during the Colonial period before July 5, 1776.

The headquarters of the NSCDA-GA is located in the basement of the Andrew Low House in Savannah, GA.  This magnificent house was purchased in 1928 from the estate of Juliette Gordon Low for $37,500 and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Landmarks.

The National Society

The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America actively promotes our national heritage through historic preservation, patriotic service, and educational projects. The NSCDA, founded in 1891, is an association of 45 Corporate Societies with over 15,000 members. The Society headquarters is located at Dumbarton House, a Federal period museum house in Washington, D.C.

The Georgia Logo

Read more about the new state and national society logos in the Members section.

The Georgia Society

The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in The State of Georgia
Headquarters located on the ground floor of the Andrew Low House Museum
329 Abercorn Street
Savannah Georgia 31401
(912) 233-1828 FAX: 912-233-9239
www.nscdaga.org
Director: Sbohlin@andrewlowhouse.com

Georgia Society Pin

The official pin of the Georgia Society is the flower of the Franklinia alatamaha tree. For more information or to download an order form, see the "Forms" section.